Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Grand Packers



We're officially moving out of our first home! We anticiapte that the next few weekends are going to be filled with boxes, tape and bubble wrap - everything we need to pack away seven years.

E tries his hand at taping up some boxes in his room under Appaiah's supervision!



The thought of moving has us feeling heavy hearted - we were blessed with so many wonderful moments and memories in this home on Colgate Ave. Colgate marked our first home together, the start of our wonderful little family with the birth of both our boys, Calley's longest permanent address, amazing neighbors who have become some of our closest friends, family holidays and many, many celebrations with friends. Laughable moments and tearful moments and everything in between.



We made our mark on the joint with 1,000 different home improvement projects and enjoyed our yard -- all the lawn work and gardening!! When we first moved in we were regulars at Home Depot and Lowes - it was a kid-in-a-candy store sorta thrill for us first time homeowners!



Fortunately, we will have loads of help from the Grandies and the Vellis over the next few weeks as we pack things in. The Grandies are expert packers - having moved so many times and with Appaiah's talent for organizing and packaging things so neatly, we'll be in good shape. Plus, all the grandparents will be spending time with our wee boys - keeping them occupied so we can get down to business!! And we need all the help we can get!



My sentimental soul found it hard to pack things in - especially E's room. I mean, I know I'm going to see all this stuff very soon in the new diggs, but I can still remember being 8-months preggers with E and plopping myself in the glider we positioned in the corner of what would become his room and watching Vik assemble his crib and posting the letters that spelled his name on the bedroom wall. It crushed me to pack up his room - but fortunately the Grandies came into town to help pack. Well, really, they did all the packing - I felt like a bystander they were so efficient!

One of our fave little peeps packaging himself up (and sporting his Team Greece soccer jersey as the World Cup kicks off - Thanks Div-mai and Alexi-pappan)

E: I will survive in this box until the house comes - afterall, I've packed a shoe in here with me.

No comments: